Searching for books?
1) Let's say you're doing a research paper on media bias. Start by typing your keywords into OneSearch.
2) Scan through the search results and look for the location, call number and status of a book you're interested in so you can find it on the shelf.
Also, note the subject terms that are listed (in this example, Journalism - Objectivity - United States).
Subject terms can help you find additional books on your topic.
3) Books that display a green 'Request' button are available through OhioLINK, a network of college and university libraries throughout the state that share materials. Request a book through OhioLINK and it'll be delivered to Cedarville in 3-5 business days (see our guide to using OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan)
4) You can also limit your results to books that are located in the Centennial Library by using the Location filter on the left side of the results page.
First, click Show More.
5) Next, scroll down and check the box next to Centennial Library. Then click Update.
6) The results screen will then display books that are located in the Centennial Library only.
Notice that each of these books have similar call numbers. Browse the shelves where these books are located for additional titles that may fit your topic.
7) You can also start by searching CU Books & Media instead of OneSearch.
"CU Books & Media" searches Centennial Library items only.
Header image from Wikimedia Commons
Need additional books?