Understand the Conversation
about Your Topic
1. Ask questions as you read or listen to Scholars.
2. Identify the main theme or issues.
3. Analyze the Scholar's research method, arguments,
intended audience, context, supporting sources,
claims, and biases.
4. Compare what the Scholar says about your Topic
with what other Scholars say about it.
5. Compare what Scholars say with what you know about
your Topic and justify or reconcile differences.
6. Synthesize the main ideas of several Scholars to make
a new idea.
7. Make an outline or spider diagram and write about what
Scholars say about the topic.
8. Discuss what you find with others.