1. Search Google Images: https://www.google.com/imghp
2. Select "Advanced Search" under Settings
3. Look for a drop down for "usage rights". Select any of the options that start with free.
4. All of the images under the selections of free rights will allow you to know that you can use these images. Once you select one you can change it on the image search screen. If you do not change this, you will need to be extra diligent regarding citation of the image.
1. Go to the creative commons search: https://search.creativecommons.org/
2. Enter your search and if needed use the filters on the left side to limit your search.
3. Use the information provided to complete your citation for that image.