Looking for biographical information or book-length biographies on your author?
Instead of doing a simple keyword search - which is the default search type in CU Book and OhioLINK - try a subject search on your author's name. This kind of search will retrieve biographies and books about your author.
Instead of doing a simple keyword search (which is the default type of searching in CU Book and OhioLINK), try a subject search on your author's name. This kind of search will retrieve biographies and books about your author.
1. Go to the Advanced Search screen for CU Books.
2. Find the Search Options box on the right side of the screen. Click Subject.
3. Type in your author's name using this format: Last name, First name and hit the Submit button
4. You'll see a list of all subject headings that include the name of the author you searched (for example, "Austen, Jane"). Click the first result to see a list of books/biographies about your chosen author.
5. Have fun exploring all the books we own about your author!
1. There's no Advanced Search button on the homepage for OhioLINK. Just search your author's name and hit GO.
2. Find the Start Over button at the top. This will give you more search options, including a Subject Search.
3. Click the Subject button at the top and type in your author's name: Last name, First name. Hit Search.
4. Click on the subject heading that matches your author. Usually this includes their name, birth - death year.