AMA Manual 3.13.8
text only and not in the reference list.
These findings have recently been corroborated (H. E. Marman, MD,
unpublished data, January 2005).
Numerous studies12-20 (also H. E. Marman, MD, unpublished data, 2005)
have described similar findings.
AMA Manual 3.13.8; 3.15.10
· Presented in a meeting but not yet published
3. Durbin D, Kallan M, Elliott M, Arbogast K, Cornejo R, Winston F. Risk of
injury to restrained children from passenger air bags. Paper presented
at: 46th Annual Meeting of the Association for the Advancement for
Automotive Medicine; September 2002; Tempe, AZ.
4. Greenspan A, Eerdekens M, Mahmoud R. Is there an increased rate of
cerebrovascular events among dementia patiens? Poster presented at:
24th Congress of the Collegium Internationale Neuro-
Psychopharmacologicum (CINP); June 20-24, 2004; Paris, France.
5. Khuri FR, Lee JJ, Lippman SM, et al. Isotretinoin effects on head and
neck cancer recurrence and second primary turmors. In Proceedings
from the American Socieity of Clinical Oncology; May 31-June 3, 2003;
Chicago, IL. Abstract 359.
6. Hormone replacement therapy [Morning Edition audio]. National Public
Radio. August 5, 2002. http://www.npr.org/templates/story
/story.php?storyId=1147833. Accessed March 4, 2004.
7. Collins F. Talk presented at: National Human Research Protections
Advisory Committee; April 9, 2001; Bethesda, MD. http://www.hhs.gov
/ohrp/nhrpac/mtg04-01/0409mtg.txt. Accessed February 26, 2004.
Cite presentations as a book - IF they are published.
· Accepted for publication but not yet published
8. Ofri D. Incidental Findings: Lessons From My Patients in the Art of
Medicine. Boston, MA: Beacon Press. In press.
AMA Manual 3.13.9; 3.15.9
establish the relevance and authority of the citation.
According to a letter from H. E. Marman, MD, in August 2005...
According to the manufacturer (H. R. Smith, oral communication, May
2005), the drug became available in Japan in January 2004.
There have been no subsequent reports of toxic reactions in the exposed
groups (Joan Smith, MD, e-mail communication, March 29, 2004.